วันเสาร์ที่ 19 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2552

How To Install A Broken Tile Mosaic Floor

One of the unique designs that I ever saw is broken tile mosaic. I decided to install this type of design on my kitchen floor.

The installation of this type of soil takes time, so make sure you plan ahead. It took me about 2 days to install for the entire floor.

The first thing you want is to find the tiles you want. I have a terra cotta colored tiles. I installed this tile over my existing vinyl floor. Some people will tell you not to do soand that some people say it's okay. It was useful to me, because the vinyl floor is a perfect vapor barrier, and it already exists. If you prefer, take your existing floor is in order.

When you buy your glue, make sure that the glue is right for the type of flooring, and it puts you on the tiles you use. Read the back of the glue that you enter the information you need. I put a thin mortar used for vinylFlooring and tiles.

I bought 12-inch tile, each piece wrapped in a towel and break with a hammer. Then I put down the glue. I have only about 3 feet at a time when the adhesive is not trying to very quickly. After you set the glue your tiles down like a jigsaw puzzle with the flat end against the wall space. I have the big pieces first down and then the inserted small pieces.

Take this until you do your pieces down the way you like it. Youreally can not make a mistake, as the tile is already broken, and your puzzle design is pretty much the way you want.

After the tile is down, the tile grout. It may take more than a usual mortar tile floor because of the greater distances between the tile pieces. I have for my Dorian Gray grout color. I thought it would look nice with terracotta tile color.

Let the grout dry for about 30 minutes, then sponge the excess grout. A slight haze is on the tileBut keep sponging off until the mortar is not on the plate anymore. Allow to solidify for a further 30 minutes, then with a clean cloth and wipe off the haze on each piece of the plate. Let the grout harden for 24 hours, then sealed. I have a high gloss sealer but there are other ways of administering so easy to choose which you like.

Let the gasket dry and now you have broken a beautiful mosaic floor tiles.



ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น